STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
Vogel Prep Educational Services offers a full range of services related to the complicated process of determining which college is best for your student, completing applications, visiting colleges and interviewing, and final college selection. Because we understand how daunting this entire process can be, we have designed our menu of service to minimize the stress and anxiety that students and families experience as they prepare to transition from high school to college. From assistance with the entire process to help with any of the individual steps, you can count on Vogel Prep College Advising to be there for your student.
Introduction to College Choices
Vogel Prep College Counselors can assist your student as he or she undertakes the Discovery Phase of the college search. During this 10-hour phase, we will work with your student to determine what he or she wants in their college experience and make a list of colleges which fit their criteria. We will then work with your student to research each of those colleges as we refine the college list and and formulate a plan to complete the application process.
Elements of the Discovery phase include:
- Determining a preliminary college list
- Working with your students to conduct research to adapt and refine their college lists
- Determining an Application Project Plan— complete a college application timeline and formulate a strategy to meet application deadlines (early action, early decision, or regular decision)
College Essays & Application
Vogel Prep College Counselors can assist your student in completing all phases of the college application process. Whether the Common Application, Coalition Application, or Universal Application is appropriate for your student, or whether your student will complete the UC Application, ApplyTexas or another application Vogel Prep College Counseling is ready to assist. We also offer services to help students with every aspect of completing the all-important application and supplemental essay.
Elements of College Essays and Application Phase include:
- Working with your student to complete the Common Application
- Guiding your student in the completion of his or her application essay
- Guiding your student in the completion of his or her supplemental essays
- Continuing to refine the college list
College Visits & Interviews
Vogel Prep College Counseling can assist your student in deciding which colleges to visit and when. We can also assist your student in determine whether and when to take advantage of college “fly-in” visits. Many also require or recommend interviews. Vogel Prep College Counselors can help your student prepare to take full advantage of his or her opportunity to meet with admissions officials.
College Visits and Interviews includes:
- Helping students to plan and prepare for college visits
- Helping students to prepare for interviews and holding mock interview sessions
- Meeting with students after college visits and/or interview for essential debrief
Á la Carte College Counseling Services
All college counseling services offered by Vogel Prep Educational Services are provided by practitioners who are experienced in the college application process and in college admissions. Vogel Prep College Counseling practitioners abide by strict professional and ethical guidelines as articulated by the National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC) Statement of Principles of Good Practice.
College Decisions Strategy
Vogel Prep College Counselors can assist your students in making their final college choice. Often that decision must take into consideration factors such as a student’s wishes and needs or the family’s financial situation. Some families may need clarity completing financial aid offers. No matter what the circumstance, Vogel Prep College Counseling services are there to help your student evaluate his or her options and make the best choice for their educational success.
College Decision Strategy includes:
- Assisting students and families in making the final college decision